Monday, April 11, 2011

For the Love of Food

Food is joy. I once dated a guy that could not understand how food could bring someone joy. Well, it does. At the end of a horrible day, you can go home and make(or buy) the most delicious food there is. And somehow it makes everything right in the world. Judge me if you must, but I get giddy about two things, men and food. I tell my clients that I run so that I can eat. I know that the other two girls feel the same way. Our dream is to go to Europe when we turn 35 and eat...and shop of course. After all, we are girls!

Now I will tell you how this little blog came to be. It all started at Cucina Toscana in Salt Lake City. At my work, each manager is required to take a shift monthly in the lobby to make sure our guests are being greeted as they walk in. We also recommend food establishments if they are heading out to dinner. I recommend Cucina Toscana to each guest. I do this for the following reasons: Warm and attentive service, great ambiance and most importantly, their Spinach Ravioli makes my heart soar through the clouds. It literally melts in your mouth. Because I love food as much as I do, guests usually go there and come back and tell me how wonderful it was. It is the kind of place that you don't have to worry about telling your friends about. Cucina Toscana delivers each time. This time was no different from the rest.


We had some of the best service by Valter(Owner), Arturo (Manager) and Chris(Excellent Server). Valter always greets you as if you were an old friend. He kisses you on each cheek and you are set for your meal. Chris brought us their wonderful bruschetta. While I prefer it on a crostini, it was still fresh and delicious. Then Chris brought out my favorite part, the Gnocchi and the Spinach Ravioli. I will let Megan and Paige tell about their favorite part of the meal, but this was mine. The hot chocolate is best (next to mine-only because I learned how to make it in Denmark) in Salt Lake City. They melt down the chocolate and it is a true hot chocolate. I know Paige will tell all about the dreamy lemon gelato.


Over this wonderful food, Megan, Paige and I decided to write a blog about food and the experiences that go with it. Who cares if no one reads it, we will. And we will laugh. For true food lovers, this is the blog if you need good food. Whether you are making it or going out, we will come through for you. Next for me, I will tell you all about the most amazing "Torpedo" ever! It is at the Belgium Waffle House....

1 comment:

  1. LOVE! I LOVE food too!
    very excited girlies :)
    cant wait to hear what you all have to say.

    ReplyDelete