Friday, January 6, 2012

It's a Cucina kind of day...

Last night, we three "spice" girls had a work meeting at our favorite joint: Cucina Toscana. Oh, how we love this place. We go for each of our birthdays, but we have a big drought of birthday fun between September and April. That is far too long to go without Cucina goodness. :)

CUCINA! 

They treat us so great there! I almost feel like a celeb. But if I was a celebrity, I probably couldn't get away with stuffing myself like I love doing there! We enjoyed a fun sampler, so here are some of my main recommendations. These items aren't all on the menu, but I bet if you ask nicely, and if they have the ingredients on hand, they'll do a little magic for you. :)

  • Limoncello Pasta: a little bit sweet, a little bit sassy. Angel-hair pasta covered an an uber creamy lemon/sweet sauce. YUM. 
  • Ravioli: Guess what? All of their ravioli's are good. Last night was no exception: a spinachy savory delight! If they say, "[Blah Blah] Ravioli," just say, "YES, PLEASE!"
  • Gnocchi in a FABULOUS meat sauce: I'm sorry-- did you say MEAT sauce? Yes, and it was so dang good. 
  • Okay, I'm running low on remember names. But it was a lovely appetizer which had pate (I know, but guess what, it's OKAY!), duck, fennel flavor, pear slices, fig with figgy sauce... happy in your mouth! I love the warmth of this dish. I've had it a few times, and I always make sure I have a little fig in every bite. I'm a sucker for sweet/savory. 
  • Caprese: Can you really ever go wrong with caprese? No. But throw a zuchinni on top?! GRAZI!
  • SCALOPPINE DI VITELLO BOSCAIOLA: Try to say that even once! This one is straight from the menu: veal scalloppine served with a ragout of wild porcini mushrooms. I know, veal. Sad, scary... but it's okay, just take a few bites. It's fun and different then something you'd probably choose for yourself. 
  • We also had a pork tenderloin with a fun, rich burgundy colored sauce that had Chianti, capers, peppercorns, and some other fun flavors. 
  • Escolar with a Mustard Sauce: Escolar is a firm, white fish. YUM. But my favorite part about this dish is the MUSTARD sauce. You've got actual mustard seeds in it, as well as a little lemon. It is such a lovely pairing with any fish. One of my absolute favorites! 
  • THE BREAD. Eat it. Don't be shy or say you're saving room. Just eat it. and drizzle the happy sauce on it. 
There you have it. A not so short rundown on the Cucina highlights. Such a lovely atmosphere, great location, and amazing service! When you feel like splurging, this is the place to go!

Cucina Toscana
307 W. Pierpont Ave. 
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Monday-Friday: 5:30pm-10:00pm

Tell them Colleen, Megan, & Paige sent you!  

♥, 
M

No comments:

Post a Comment